















Well, I haven't had a chance this week to post the pictures of my race last week. I am sooo glad I did it. It was fun, and intense! It was harder, but more exhilarating than I expected. As I finished I realized how happy I was I didn't know exactly what the course would be like. It may have had me much more nervous. I had heard there was a pretty good hill at the beginning. Little did I know it was 4.5 miles strait up through Parley's Canyon. It couldn't have been a more beautiful run. The weather was awesome. We even got a little rain coming down the canyon at mile 8 or so. The view was beautiful.. There was a couple times looking around helped me push through. The elevation definitely added a new obstacle. My friend and running buddy Jody both got some crazy rib cramps from it. ( I love the picture of her looking at me like I'm crazy as we are running!)It was definitely a rush coming in at the finish line. I can now understand how people get the race bug. I came in at 2 hrs 2 min. Now... I've almost got Matt convinced to do one with me in November in California!
We had a great time in Utah spending a few days with my sister and her family. And the girls had so much fun playing with their cousins. I barely saw Makena for three days. It was a special week too because my parents and my sister Kelly were there for a day or so on their way taking her to college. By the way, we miss you tons already, Kelly! We took a quick trip to Temple Square on my way out of town.
Makena is loving second grade. She has a wonderful teacher, and great friends in her class. She's doing great in her practices for "Little Wolves", the dance team at her school. Brinley started her new preschool last week. She is loving it. That girl cracks me up. As I drove her there the first day, I said "You are going to have so much fun!" She said, I know Mom, don't worry about me." Apparently she thought I was worried. And Payton. Well the terrible twos are well on their way. Actually, I'm hoping they're making an early entrance, and exit. She has some comical tantrums, and hitting fests that we are taming. ; )But most of the time she is still our sweet baby who is getting big too fast.
Matt's busy with work, which is good. He's a great Dad and husband. And I am gearing up for another Fall Festival at Makena's school. I took on the role of co-President again of PTSO this year.
I also posted some pics of Matt and I from a few week ago. We decided to play tourist for a night. We did dinner and a show, and as you can see even a picture with the weird shiny guy! : )






3 comments:
I LOVE Jody's expression in that picture where she's looking at you! Priceless! Great job on half-marathon. You look great as always!
So thats where you've been. Where's Brinley going to preschool? Let's get together soon.
Sounds like a great race - I got a kick out of Jody's facial expression!
I thought you learned your lesson with last year's Fall Festival - ha ha. It will be a big success and we can't wait!
Post a Comment