Sunday, August 2, 2009

Where's my ocean breeze?














































Well, we're back from our Oceanside vacation. We had such a blast. It was so nice to get away for a few days. It was especially nice getting out of this crazy heat. We rented a house a half mile from the beach, with a perfect ocean breeze coming through the windows.
Our friends the Simpsons and their cute niece Celeste joined us. We had lots of laughs, a lot of sand in places sand shouldn't be, and an ice cream parlor poo episode which will definitely be remembered. As all of you with kids know, a vacation with them is way fun, but not necessarily relaxing. It's easily the same amount of work, if not more. but well worth it!My girls loved running around the house and hanging at the beach. We were happy when Payton finally got over her fear of looking at the waves ( even when they were 20 yards away). Brinley loved playing in the sand, of course; because she likes anything that makes her dirty! And Makena got to learn how to boogie board with Matt.
We also went on a whale/dolphin watching boat ride. It was so pretty. The whales unfortunately didn't make an appearance, but we saw lots of different kinds of dolphins. It was so amazing getting to see them in their own environment. I'd say it even beat SeaWorld! It was fun getting to see my children watch the beauty around them.
I think there's something so peaceful and healing about being near the ocean. It gave me simple joys that I really needed. It reminded me to look at the good around me, whether I'm on vacation or not. It was hard coming back to the awful 111 degree weather. But it was also nice coming home to a home I love, family who missed us, and a life that's pretty good.
Happy last few weeks of Summer, and enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oceanside is awesome! Looks like you guys all had so much fun! I love that picture of Payton.

Fausett Family said...

Oh how I wish vacations could never end. You guys look like you had a fantastic time. Glad your home and call me soon.

Alison said...

Erin and Payton have the same swimsuit! Don't you love rash guards? Looks like a fun vacation.